Saturday 16 June 2012

June....right? (the rain could have fooled me)

Jamie came down to Cornballs for the week. He's returned back home to Reading now, and everything smells like him..it's horribly nice. He also left a single sock here, who does he think he is? Just leaving socks around like that. Sock fiend.


(SUN :) )



(best cats in the whole world yep yep)



(such a lovely day spent with Jamie)


(Le mocha)



(evil pigeon faces)




We also saw The Maccabees at Alexandra Palace in London. They were absolutely incredible to say the least. Each song they played sounded so beautiful, and there was something slightly different in comparison to the recorded ones. We also saw British Sea Power, the song 'Who's In Control' was magical live.










(Both of these videos aren't my footage, I just wanted to show how amazing they were...video doesn't justify it)

In other news, it's now time to return to the world of working...which mainly involves clearing lots of plates, carrying various things and making hot drinks such as coffee, tea and cappuccinos. But you know, as much as having to wake up ridiculously early in the morning is something I resent, I actually do quite enjoy work. Just put it this way, if I hadn't of found this really convenient job, I would of spent all summer moping about my lack of money and would of spent endless hours wasting my time on doing nothing. I like to have structure...working gives me that feeling. Yes it does make me quite tired, but I'm just thinking of it in a bigger perspective. I won't get many chances to go up and see Jamie this summer. At first, to me, this was really quite upsetting, but it's really not the end of the world. It's temporary, it'll work out completely fine. I have glorious festivals to look forward to with him, and I'll be starting the Foundation Diploma in Art, Design and Media this coming September. I don't know, I can just feel good and big things coming, which is both daunting and exciting...I've just gotta embrace it. This post came out in a completely unexpected way.

Anyway, I've made a list of things to buy (mainly to remind myself)
  • Reading Festival instalment plan
  • Bestival instalment plan (the theme is also wildlife which is really awesome, I'm thinking of going as some sort of wild cat)
  • Develop two rolls of film
  • Dry The River tickets for September (Maybe)
  • Buy Frank Turner tickets from Eden BEFORE 1st July
Silly things that I may or may not buy (if I have the money)
  • Vans/creepers/new converses/BON IVER DESIGNED SHOES (Need.)
  • The Strokes T Shirt (definitely will..I need to be taken away from band merch)
  • Typewriter (because I love them so very much)
  • Need to save up for the art London trip for September (unless I get funded)
  • ALL the pretty things.
  • Two Tattoos (one on right thigh, and one on side of rib)
  • Piercings: Nipple, Lip (through lip or side of lip), Tragus
Can you tell that I like to buy pointless things yet?

I'll leave you with this awesome song (courtesy of Jamie):


Right, it's far too late...I say that far too much. I have to be up early to catch ridiculously overpriced buses. Au revoir :)





No comments:

Post a Comment